Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Spiral Circle (Pagans In Recovery) Meeting tonight

This year, The Spiral Circle Pagans In Recovery was named one of the new charities for the 2016 Midwest Witches' Ball.  Their meeting is scheduled for tonight at the American Legion Hall, located at 37060 Huron River Drive in New Boston, MI at 7:00 pm.  Many of us have been to this location for various Universal Society of Ancient Ministry events, Witches of Michigan gatherings, and more, so it is easy to find.

This is a first for the group, and it is hoped one of the many more upcoming blessings that will be int the future.  For all who are seeking, let their light shine the way.

Your friendly neighborhood inkslinger is presenting this announcement as a public service.  The words of Rebecca Sisler are so whole and complete that there is nothing that this writer could add.  The Spiral Circle (Pagans In Recovery) will be meeting this evening.




  Now, read the words of this healing soul for this evening's announcement.

Tonight the Spiral Circle Meeting will be held at the American Legion Hall, in New Boston, MI. This is an open meeting, anyone is welcomed. We accept all persons with any self-destructive behavior. 

The Spiral Circle Program is based off the 12 steps of AA. It is designed for those people looking for a program of recovery that is non-Christian. I personally do not have an issue with the Christian dogma used in AA or NA. However it has been proven that Christian dogma is alive and well in both AA and NA meetings.

Up until now I have not spoken out about this program. I have heard a lot of people in recovery question this program, so now I am going to address the questions that I have heard.
I have watched many people suffer even in recovery. I have seen people feel isolated and even shunned for their beliefs. On the other side I have seen many people find recovery outside of 12 step programs. I have seen these people find their healing through Earth based spirituality. Some of these people have helped me work my program in profound ways.
 My heart bleeds for all those that NA and AA has not helped. Yes, there are people that these programs have not helped. And while listening I have heard two very disturbing facts.
 One, there are those who feel excluded because their issue is not drugs and alcohol. They have been told that their issues are not as serious. Some of these people suffer from things like cutting, depression, eating disorders, the list goes one. And the truth is that drugs and alcohol are only a symptom of the disease. Self-destruction comes in many forms, and people are dying from self-destruction.
Two, even though these programs say a God of your understanding and a High Power, they are still based in “God” related thinking. For some people this creates an issue. Personally, I have heard many people say at meetings, “the God of my understand is Christ Our Lord”. Where this personally doesn’t detour me from meetings it does detour others. Furthermore, I know of people who have chosen to walk no-Christian paths that have been shunned at meetings for doing so. I don’t feel that people at meetings intend to come across this way however at times they do, and for some this is enough to railroad their recovery.
Perhaps there is a need for another 12-step recovery program that eliminates these issues? Personally, it is not my place to decide. It is for those seeking recovery to decide. And for those seeking out this new recovery program their reasons are personal. I have only spoke of what I have seen and experienced myself.
So, for those who still question the motive and validity of this program all I can say is that I come to you with an open heart. This program is not in completion with NA or AA. I can only hope that this program will save lives, help people find their true spiritual essence, and promote true recovery for those involved. I think that recovery in any form is a good thing and I believe whole heartily that all recovery programs can work together in carrying the message.
 If you have made it this far in reading this post I would feel so honored if you would join us for a meeting. We start at 7 pm. Once again the meetings will be Mondays at the American Legion Hall in New Boston, MI.

No comments:

Post a Comment